Friday, June 1, 2012

6th Anniversary

It's hard to believe it's been 6 years today since my husband and I married.  I still remember the day vividly.  Getting ready separately that morning, him not seeing me in my dress until I walked into the chapel, the smiles we couldn't wipe off our faces, the tears of family & friends, the mix of American & Dutch traditions, the beautiful reception & dinner, the 5 tiered cake, the great gifts, accidentally deleting the wedding video... it was one of the best days of my life.  Funnily enough my husband & I often forget about our anniversary, we tend to count the years together (almost 11) rather than the years married.  But that doesn't make the day any less special, it was everything a girl could have dreamed of.  (And to think I wanted to run off and elope!)  My husband has made all of my dreams come true.  Thanks babe, I love you!  And also a special thanks to all of the family that pulled together to help make the event possible, even if some were unable to attend!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, is it beautiful! I look forward to and wish you both every happiness and many happy anniversaries!

    Best wishes, Xinie - from Hamburg

    ReplyDelete
  2. An anniversary post is always nice! :) Danica

    ReplyDelete