Monday, August 12, 2013

Back to School

It's hard to believe the summer is over and it's time for school again!  I must say we thoroughly enjoyed the past 6 weeks and I was a little sad when it came to an end.  But when I look around the disaster we call home, I know it's time to get back in a routine and focus on things like cleaning.  We had so many adventures this summer and hopefully I'll get around to telling you about a couple.  Now that there is a fixed schedule ahead of us, maybe I can also get around to blogging.  Sure I've done my best to maintain 2 posts + a Wordless Wednesday each week, but I can do better.  I must say the house is quiet though right now, tot at preschool, husband off to work, dog wondering where everyone is... and me, well, I just finished breakfast and I'm about to tackle the laundry and dishes.  Not sure when your (grand)kids, if you have any, get back to school but I hope it goes well.  I was worried my tot would cry today, she generally cries after vacation but she was excited and ready to get back to her friends.  She only has one more month at this school then she goes on to the big elementary.  See in The Netherlands they don't start Pre-K until the day after they turn 4 yrs olds.  It's a little confusing for her, she'll just get used to being back at the Montessori school when it'll be time to move on to the traditional Dutch elementary.  But it is what it is.  At least she'll get to say goodbye to the other tots before her transfer and get the party with her classmates she's talked about since her 3rd b-day!  Oh yeah, and just as the school summer vacation ended so did the nice weather, bummer!!!

2 comments:

  1. The days do fly by. For me my youngest just started middle school, (6th grade), and my middle child, just went to the 8th grade. My husband and I sit around looking at baby and toddler pics, wondering where the years went. Enjoy. :) I am sure your little darling will adjust to her transitions in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing my best to enjoy the end of this phase! :) Danica

      Delete