Sunday, November 3, 2013

Music Moments #5

The other day while watching The X Factor I made an interesting discovery.  There I sat thoroughly enjoying a ballad (great job Danie, even if they did vote you off) when it hit me which song the girl was singing... Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus.  It was too late I had already opened my mouth and announced to my husband that I liked the song, and we both burst out laughing when we realized it was a Miley Cyrus song!  But I must admit, even though she's having a Britney-Spears-lost-her-mind moment, the song is good.  The song only, not the video, or all the other antics she's up to!  Sometimes it takes someone else covering a number to open your eyes and ears to a decent song.  To be honest, I probably never would have given the song a chance... and it's easily avoidable considering I rarely listen to the radio or watch music videos.  So I guess, thank you X Factor, because I've listened to the song over and over again.
Besides Miley Cyrus' new number there's also another decent ballad in the charts right now, a nice surprise... Rihanna's Stay with Mikky Ekko.  Rihanna seems to be able to do it all, dance numbers and touching ballads, did you know she already has 12 #1 hits!
So what's on my playlist these days besides Wrecking Ball & Stay... other numbers I can't get enough of right now and you should definitely give a chance... Bruno Mars : When I Was Your Man and Pink & Nate Ruess : Just Give Me A Reason and some older ones... Plain White T's : Hey There Delilah and Radiohead : Creep  My playlists are generally highly influenced by one of two things, exercising or writing, and right now I'm working on a romance novel so my playlist is full of emotional ballads at the moment.  What's on your playlist these days? 
If you're interested in what other music inspires me in my day to day life or hobbies, check out old Music Moment posts!

Bye! Dag! Adios! Namaste!
:) Danica

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog!
    Now following!
    Looking forward to keeping up!!

    xo
    Christina
    Christinawhoblog.com

    ReplyDelete